Board of Equalization

Terry Thiele, Chairman
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

290 E Tessie Ave, Republic; County Commissioner's building behind the Courthouse and employee parking lot.

290 E Tessie Ave.
Republic, WA  99166

(509) 775-5225 ext. 2508

(509) 775-5230

Click here to email
TaxSifter Parcel Search

David Christman
Phil Bach
Doug Lux, Alternate


The Ferry County Board of Equalization will meet at the Ferry County Commissioners Office, located at 290 E. Tessie Ave Republic, WA 99166.

The three required meeting dates include:

July 19, 2022 at 1 p.m.
July 21, 2022 at 1 p.m.
July 26, 2022 at 1 p.m.

The Meetings are recorded and open to the public. For more information about the meeting or meeting location accessibility, please call the Ferry County Commissioners’ Office (509) 775-5225 Ext 2102. 

Amanda Rowton, Clerk of the Board


The BOE can be contacted through the Clerk of the BOE, Amanda Rowton. You can call her at (509) 775-5225 ext. 2508, email her, or you can write to her at:

Ferry County Board of Equalization
290 E Tessie Ave
Republic, WA 99166



The Board of Equalization is comprised of three board members that have been appointed by the Ferry County Board of Commissioners. This three-member Board serves staggered three-year terms. It is important to note that the Board is independent and is in no way affiliated with the Assessor's Office. The Board of Equalization renders decisions on taxpayer petitions for property tax equalization.

Powers of the Board are directed by State law (Revised Code of Washington, RCW 84.48, and Washington Administrative Code, WAC 458-14).

The only way to appeal an Assessor's valuation of your property is by timely filing a complete appeal petition with the County Board of Equalization. As stated on your 'Assessor's Change of Value' notice an approved appeal petition must be used. A letter or phone call is not an acceptable substitute for the petition form (see RCW 84.40.038).

The deadline for filing an appeal petition is July 1st of the assessment year, or within 30 days of when the 'Change of Value' notice was mailed by the Assessor's office, whichever date is later. Example: If your notice was dated 9/18/2008, you would have until 10/18/2008, to file your petition or if your notice was mailed May 15, 2008, you would have until July 1, 2008. This appeal information was included on the back of your 'Assessor's Change of Value' notice (see RCW 84.40.038).

According to WAC 458-14-056, your deadline for filing can be extended only under specific circumstances. If you feel your circumstance falls with these guidelines, you will need to send your reasons in letter form for being granted an extension to the Ferry County Board of Equalization listing applicable dates, conditions, and possibly locations if you were out of the area, with a copy of the 'Assessor's Change of Value' and the completed petition.

You can complete the petition by printing the form, filling it out and signing, then mail or deliver it to the Board of Equalization Action Office at 290 E. Tessie Ave, Republic, WA 99166. Once your petition is received by the office, it will be placed on file and you will be notified of an approximate hearing date to be determined in July.